Saturday, January 10, 2009

Back Home

I'm back! Atlanta was shirt sleeve weather when I left, much to warm for me. It felt good to get into the cold truck that had been sitting at the airport for the week.

Wish the market would have had some really cool, great exciting thing I could tell you about but it just wasn't there. The Christmas vendors were boring with their repeat of so much of last year. Yes, there were a few new things but nothing to write about. We spent hours looking for something new and different, what a waste of time. It is hard to spend $50000 when you can't find anything exciting. The gift floors were also kind of Ho Hum. Waiting for the MARTA train to go to the airport confirmed how I saw it. The buzz from those who had been to market echoed my thoughts. But I did get what I went for, was unable to spend all of the money but will work on that during the next few months with a few vendors I can trust over the phone.

On Saturday morning we spent 3 hours walking through the temporary floors. Those are vendors who have not yet been able to rent a showroom so they come for 3 days of market and set up temporary booths on a floor where they can just set up tables. They have cash and carry jewelry there. About 100 different vendors at the least. After a while it gets very boring but it was fun to walk the jewelry for a while and pick up a couple of things for myself. I also like to walk the candy temps and taste their samples! When you are on those floors you can look up and see the apparel floors. I won't even go up there. Too many hundreds of shops, to overwhelming for me after spending the week shopping for Christmas and some spring decor.

But I am glad, (don't swear Roxanna) that Layla Bree didn't decide to come while I was gone! However, it will be okay if she wants to come any day now.

3 comments:

Bell Family said...

Glad you made it back okay. Hope our trip to Atlanta, SAvannah and on to Beaufort next month has good weather.

Michelle said...

Glad you made it home in one piece and you even have some money left over. :) That is too bad that there wasn't a lot of cute things, though. I was left pretty underwhelmed by Christmas decorations this year.

Rowberry Family said...

I wish I could go spend 50000 of someone elses money. Maybe I should come back and work for you so I can be your partner to go!

I bet you are glad this baby didnt come, I was just thinking that today, now she is free to come anytime-please!