Friday, January 30, 2009

So Much Fun

What a fun week I had in Winnemucca!

I had a great time with Garrett. He and I got to play with his marble towers for at least 6 hours. You all ought to get a chance to do that, makes you really love quiet when you are done! Of course we also played with Thomas. With Garrett everything is as close to real life as he can get it. If you don't know the correct verbage when you are talking trains he will educate you really fast! Garrett (kindergarten) held hands with a girl (2nd grader)as he walked her into school on Thursday morning. She asked him if he would date her and he said yes!!

Zack worked most of the time I was at their house but I got to see him for a while. He is starting some online college classes. That will be a great $ savings for him plus he will have a jump start on things before he ever graduates from High School. Way to go Zack.

Chris and Laura fed me well. I always love to sit and visit with them. I enjoyed the time I got to spend at their house. They introduced me to these grilling bags that are wonderful.

Well, the main reason for me going and leaving everyone else at home was of course to hold baby Layla. What a doll and sweetheart she is. She has dark hair, that is a surprise. Her fingers look long and thin right now. And I can't believe how tiny she is. Of course that is just because I forget how tiny babies really are. Also, my own were never that small! She is such a good baby. It also amazed me at how much she changed each day.

Macy was so much fun to play with. Her imagination and her make believe play will always crack me up. She is so animated at everything. We played princess every day. Of course we each had a Barbie doll or something similar. The princess time I loved the most was when we were 2 princess sisters. Macy's princess was going to a wedding. I ask her who was getting married and she said she was. We had to pretend to shop for a wedding dress etc. then she went to the castel to the wedding. She walked her doll about 8" and then turned and came back. I ask her why she left the wedding. She said she got there and "my prince charming was dancing with another girl". I ask her what she was going to do. She said, "I guess I'll just have to marry him next week!" On the last afternoon that I was there I even had to dance like a fairy with her. Roxanna ask if I wanted her to video it. It was a good thing she was feeding Layla and was not able too.

Roxanna seems to be doing very well. She is tired from interrupted sleep but we all know that just goes with the situation. She is a good Mom. Justin does great to keep up with everything, not sure how he does it on the little bit of sleep he gets.

My travel time was great! I listened to talk tapes all the way down and back. I had picked up some tapes quite a few years ago at Deseret Book. I thought it was a great deal, they were only $1. I had never opened them so I got them out to take with me. I now know why they were only $1. Two of the cassettes were by S Dilworth Young but when I played them one was Matthew Cowley and the other one I have no idea who it was. Both of them had great stories on them but when each story got close to the end they switched to another person and a new story! Well, 3/4 of each story was really good and I could figure out the ending in all but one. A couple of them got these very loud thumping noises occasionally. Oh well, I was entertained.

I loved the week - looking forward to the next time I get to do that!

6 comments:

Aaron said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun. We are looking forward to our visit next month.

Bell Family said...

Glad to hear your visit was so much fun.

Liz said...

sounds like a fun visit!

Audra said...

What a fun trip! We are all jealous!

Rowberry Family said...

Thank you so much for comming grandma! We loved having you here and cant wait for you and grandpa to come back for the blessing!

Jensen Family said...

I can't wait to come back for the blessing either but then of course I am going to have to share Layla, Macy and Garrett.